Whether it’s black bears, grizzly bears, or polar bears, there is something about these beautiful creatures that amazes people, especially those who visit wildlife parks. They are huge and have adorable eyes. While bears are known for being dangerous and wild animals, they can be among the most beloved creatures on Earth.
Bears are a symbol of courage, strength, and wisdom. People in other parts of the world see bears as natural world protectors. For instance, for the Chinese, the panda bear symbolizes good luck and is considered a national treasure. Visit this page to know how you can get up close to some of the world’s amazing bears and wildlife. So why are bears adorable?
Why Bears Are Lovable
A lot of features in bears make them cute to people. The thick fur that covers their body makes them appear cuddly and soft. Also, they are quite playful and usually seen playing with sticks and rolling in the snow. Lastly, bears are good-natures animals that do not fight unless needed. The combination of their physical look, calm demeanor, and playful nature makes them among the world’s lovable animals.
Moreover, bears are adorable because of their expressive face. These big animals can convey different emotions including anger, happiness, and sadness. And their behavior makes them interesting. Aside from being smart creatures, bears are known for having a complex social life.
Attractive Physical Features Of Bears
Bears are fascinating animals. They come in all sizes and shapes as well as have complex and varied behavior. And even if some people find bears dangerous, they are interesting creatures to learn about. The following are the physical features that make them attractive to humans:
- Visible paw pads. Bears are known for having noticeable and cut paw pads. Each of their toes has a little pad that allows them to grip the ground and comfortably walk around. Also, such pads protect the feet of the bear from getting injured. Bears have different paws, each of which is unique to their species. While some paws look like huge hands, others are cat-like with claws.
- Huge, adorable eyes. Bears look cuddly, with big brown eyes waiting to be petted. When you look at those eyes, particularly the eyes of their little ones, it feels like these adorable creatures can see right into your soul.
- Gentle and shy despite their size. Although bears are huge and strong, they can also be gentle and shy. Typically, they avoid contact with humans in the wild. But if they are in wildlife parks, bears may approach visitors out of curiosity. In fact, in some parks, you can feed bears along with other wildlife or even bottle-feed their young.
- Intelligence. Bears are intelligent animals. Experts say that these creatures have good memories and can learn from their previous experiences. In addition, they are good problem solvers. For instance, bears can open doors to get food. These animals can also learn tricks. Indeed, some of those in zoos and wildlife parks are taught to ride bicycles.
Compared to the brains of other land-based mammals their size, bears tend to have the biggest and most complex brains. And they rely on their brains for some behaviors. Moreover, scientists say that grizzly bears, for instance, can remember food hotspot even after a decade. Some bears have been seen hiding behind trees and rocks or covering their tracks, so hunters cannot detect them. In addition, grizzly bears roll around in decaying flesh to camouflage their scent as they quietly move toward their prey.
- Cute, small noses. The nose of a bear is proportionally small when compared to other parts of its body. Because of this, bears look more innocent and childlike. In turn, bears are more lovable and huggable.
- Ability to walk on their hind legs. When bears are seen standing on their hind legs, this means they are trying to get a better scent or view of something in front of them. Because of this ability, they can be exploited in bear dancing. But seeing bears walking this way in wildlife parks makes them look cute.
A bear uses its nose for different reasons such as tracking down mates and sniffing out food. Also, bears have an incredibly keen sense of smell, helping them stay safe in the wild and stay away from predators.